Check-in is at 3 p.m. Please call and let us know if you will be arriving late. Check-out is at 12 noon. The Rippon-Kinsella House provides a courtesy pickup and return at the Springfield Amtrak Station and the
- Rates quoted are double occupancy and include a full breakfast.
- Wine and cheese and cocktails are offered every evening.
- A roll-away bed is available for the Captain's Quarters. Each additional person is $20.00 per night.
- A 50% deposit is required when the reservation is made.
- The entire house has air-conditioning.
- All rooms have television and wireless internet is available.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. daily, or on the patio during the summer months.
- Children twelve and over are welcome.
- Pets are not allowed.
- The interior of the house is a smoke-free environment; however smoking is permitted on the porches and patio.
- The inn is available for small private parties, meetings, weddings and receptions. There is seating at the dining room table for groups of up to ten in the formal dining room.
- Stand-up receptions for groups of up to thirty can be accommodated using the dining room table for food with a bar set up in the kitchen.
- The garden and patio are also available for outdoor weddings and receptions with seating for groups of up to thirty.
- There is a $100 charge per hour with a two hour minimum. Local caterers are available or menus and prices can be discussed with the innkeeper.
- Gift Certificates are available.
- If a reservation is cancelled more than 48 hours prior to the date of arrival, the deposit is refunded.
- If a reservation is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the date of arrival, a full night's rate will be charged.
- In the event of no-shows or early checkouts, a full night's rate will be charged.
Contact Information and Reservations
The Rippon-Kinsella House
1317 North Third Street
Springfield, Illinois 62702
for wedding planning information: wedalert.com
Photography by Ed Sandoval